So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide. In this guide, we will show you the steps to restore Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock.
- Taking a backup is easy once we have a custom recovery, but if the device is unrooted the process is not a straight road.
- FlashFire is a root app that you can download for free from the Play Store.
- The Boot.img files on the Asus Firmware may either be extracted directly or they are contained inside the payload.bin file.
- While this does mean that updates come a little slower, they are still able to deliver regular updates.
- It is also recommended in case of upgrading or downgrading MediaTek device firmware.
Please double-check with your device forums for variations. Select and Download a firmware version, then click Start to Upgrade. You won’t be able to back up the boot image and the system image easily otherwise. So with all of this being said, if you’re new to the aftermarket development scene, you’ll have to install a ROM that’s specifically made for your phone. You’ll then have to find ways to recover it or take download stock firmware it to the service center. CWM and TWRP recovery are quite popular amongst android users especially those who love to flash custom ROMs or root their android devices. For some they just use the backup and restore data functionality of these third party recovery system.
The stock boot image is required not just for rooting and unrooting, but also for fixing boot loops. Nandroid backup is necessary in order to create a secondary backup of your current stock ROM or modified ROM in any Android device. First, start by booting your phone into TWRP (of course this means you’ll need to have TWRP installed in the first place). This process will vary depending on your device, but for most phones, start by powering the device completely off.
- Hence, ADB sideload can be a lifesaver for those who have bricked their handset and there is no possible way to load the ROM.
- For example, if you have a Xiaomi or Redmi phone running on MIUI but don’t like the interface, you can install a custom ROM that will change the UI to vanilla Android.
- Download RUU zip file [HERE] for your CID (under the RUU zip section) to your PC and rename it to ‘2PS6IMG.zip’.
- It is used to flash stock ROM to unbrick the device, fix bootloops, and also to manually upgrade/downgrade the Android software.
- It’s a straight forward and clean guide with the core focus on helping you understand the process of installing a custom ROM on Android.
Do you want to flash your phone and reinstall Android OS? Read this post to know how to reinstall Android OS on phone using PC, in a couple of minutes. Even if you do not do many of these steps signing into your Gmail account on a new device is almost all you need. One popular method is to use AirSync From DoubleTwist,which will sync data between your computer and your smart phone, as iTunes works for iOS users. Some custom ROMs (like Pixel Experience and Evolution X) come with GApps pre-installed. In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately. Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device.
You might be less likely to be caught, but that depends on the carrier/manufacturer. And if you’re running a custom ROM and your phone breaks, you will often not be able to restore the backup (depending on how it broke). If you want to keep your warranty, don’t do anything that is against its terms. Simply boot into recovery, tap on backup user data and the backup will commence at once depending on if you have enough space for the backup on your SD card. However before starting the process read carefully some important information.